Harley-Davidson Published Fight for Adversity 2017January 8, 2018
After a challenging year that passed, Harley-Davidson sees optimism for this year to thrash down all the challenges that was brought up last 2017. Sales were bad and rivalry and market competition was made intense. Demand for Harley’s motorcycles is slowing as the baby boomer demographic ages and rivals such as the Indian brand bike maker Polaris Industries Inc. and Japan’s Honda Motor Co Ltd offer competitive discounts.
Dwell not in the past, today, Harley-Davidson is prepared to make a comeback through the 2018 Harley-Davidson line up. There are 9 Fast Facts about the 2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide that was written by Don Williams.
Here are the essential facts you need to know about the 2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide:
1. The 2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide is based on the new Softail platform. That means it gets a Milwaukee-Eight 107 motor, plus the more rigid frame and upgraded suspension that arrived this year.
2. With the name Sport Glide, it indicates both performance and touring. A small bikini fairing and hard panniers are standard. That takes care of the touring aspect, at least for weekend jaunts.
3. Focusing on low rpm performance, the Milwaukee-Eight 107 hits peak torque at just 2750 rpm. With 108 ft/lbs of torque on tap that early, the 2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide should have impressive roll-on power. That means sporty acceleration out of corners.
4. The chassis numbers don’t quite point to sport riding. With 30 degrees of rake and an 18-inch front wheel, single front disc, as well as forward-mounted foot controls, don’t overestimate the sport portion of sport-touring. The 2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide is still a cruiser, though one with an inverted 43mm cartridge fork.
5. For those seriously interested in touring, there’s a new HoldFast Detachable latch system from Harley-Davidson. It will allow you to quickly add a Tour-Pak top box if you have the new accessory sissy bar. Also a 5.5-inch windshield will be available to replace this standard 1.5-inch protector.
6. The panniers and fairing are quickly detachable, turning the Sport Glide into a cruiser. That makes the 2018 Sport Glide a triple threat machine—sport, touring, and cruising.
7. Standard features include ABS, Daymaker LED headlight, USB charging port, and new Mantis cast aluminum wheels, as well as keyless ignition and security system.
8. There is no price set, but the 2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide comes in a choice of three colors: Vivid Black, Twisted Cherry, and Silver Fortune.
9. You won’t have to wait long for a review of the 2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide.
Harley-Davidson are building the next generation of riders globally and fostering the incredible feeling of personal freedom you get from behind the handlebars of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Harley-Davidson fulfill dreams of personal freedom – it’s their purpose, and they take it seriously. While freedom means different things to different people, it’s a bond that brings Harley-Davidson customers, employees, dealers, suppliers and enthusiasts together. Pursuing the goal to reach 2 million riders in Harley-Davidson community waving individuals’ personal dream and freedom.